The Push of Coming Spring
I noticed it earlier in the week. The sun reflecting on snow had more yellow, less blue. The angle of light higher, warmer. The melt off roofs forming twisty icicles in the warmer winds. The snow levels going down. The roadsides looking dirty with sand and snow no longer fresh, nor clean.
I started thinking of music festivals and art shows. I started thinking of long hikes on camping trips. Macro shots of moss. Fishing and clicking digi-captures of herons and eagles. I thought how blue in summer is warmer than blue in winter. The days so long they feel like a good stretch, an adjustment of energy. Paths underfoot, soft like massage, healing. The scent of lilac. The song of birds.
I thought…OH CRAP! I am not ready! I do not have my life where it needed to be. I want to be Beth Millner when I grow up! Beth travels creating and selling art. I want that. Check out Beth’s blog and Etsy shop, too. I know life on the road is not idyllic–it is dang hard. But you wake to owls in trees, meet interesting new friends, get teeth pulled in foreign countries (I might skip that part, though).
So, I have to get ready. I need to prepare for that life. Here’s a list of To Dos:
- Redesign blog and integrate sales whether at an Etsy store or another location.
- Choose a printer for home, and a commerical printer for sales.
- Get a digital recorder for doing interviews.
- Voice recognition software
- Get PDF software to write ebooklets.
- Increase freelance assignments.
- Travel write: build list of ideas/projects, do research of market.
- Have an exhibit and fundraiser.
- Build publications.
- More dependable, younger car.
- Build savings, pay down debt.
- Get Adobe CS2 or 3.
- Purchase a full DSLR camera–begin savings and research.