Cook with Kim–Chicken Cashew Cream with Crimini Mushrooms
Chicken Cashew Cream with Crimini Mushrooms
Thinking back to the days when I could eat anything I craved a chicken casserole with rice and cream of mushroom soup. I knew I wanted leftovers so I made a huge pan of the following.
Four chicken breasts bone-in skin-on
2 cups of Lundberg Short Grain Rice
Cashew Milk (directions will follow)
1 cup of So-Delicious Coconut Milk
½-1 cup of water
4-8 cloves of garlic
½ an onion
Crimini mushrooms (optional_
Cashew Milk: for this recipe I oaked approximately 1 cup of cashews in water for several hours, rinse, strain and drain. Put into blender add one cup of water and blend fully.
1. Pre-cook brown rice for 15-20 minutes on stove top. Drain and transfer to casserole dish.
2. Pour your cashew milk into casserole dish with brown rice.
3. Pour 1 cup of So-Delicious Coconut milk into casserole dish.
4. Mince garlic and toast in a small frying pan over low heat with a tiny bit of EVO.
5. Add toasted garlic to casserole dish.
6. Add ½ an onion, diced.
7. Add crimini mushrooms (I slice mine large so Mike can pick them out.)
8. Cut in some parsley sprigs.
9. Does it look okay? Mine looked like it would need liquid and I added ½ a cup. (And 30 minute into baking 1/8 a cup of water.)
10. Place trimmed and rinsed chicken breasts on rice in casserole dish.
11. Sprinkle breasts with paprika and sea salt.
You can consider salting your rice as well. Suggested side dish green beans or broccoli.
My oven is gas and I baked the casserole at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
*This dish had coconut and cashews.
*This dish is gluten-free, egg-free, corn-free, casein/dairy-free.
Posted on March 17, 2011, in Cook with Kim and tagged casien intolerant, Celiac, chicken cashew cream casserole, chicken casserole, cook with kim, gluten and dairy free casseroles, lacto-intolerant, non-dairy creamy chicken casserole. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.